As we wrap up Move More Month, we wanted to share a few of the responses the M9 Team gave when asked how they plan to move more. How do you plan to move more?
- Going to take my daughter on more walks and teaching her how to ride her bike better. I play a lot of tennis.
- Walk around the block during lunch to get a break and get my body moving from being at a desk all day.
- I plan to play basketball more daily with my teenage son.
- Run an average of 20 miles per week.
- Exercise everyday, between the beachbody programs and running outside.
- Take more walks outside and go on bike rides.
- Do more aerobic exercise.
- I plan to go back to the gym a few times a week and walk more on the trail near my house.
We are also a team of walkers! When asked what type of exercise you do most, over 72% said they are walkers:
The American Heart Association’s Move More initiative encouraged the M9 team to increase our physical activity for better physical and mental health, and was a great time to commit to building in more activity. Although physical activity can sometimes feel like a chore, this month was the perfect time to add more of it to our daily routine. We hope everyone enjoyed our tips this month and if you would like to find out more ways to get moving, you can visit the American Heart Association’s website at www.heart.org to watch videos with some great tips on how to do just that!